- The licencee shall, subject to the provisions of Rules 57, provide places for loading and unloading of goods
- The licencee shall be responsible for proper arrangement for storage of goods collected for despatch or delivery
- The licencee shall maintain a proper record of the vehicle under his control.
- The Motor Vehicle Act has been enclosed for further information in Schedule II
Agent Licence are issued from the office of the Commissionerate of Transport for carrying out the business of passenger carrying and goods carrying services. Till now 204 numbers of passenger carrying agent licence and 39 numbers of agent licence for goods carrying services have been issued.
Proper arrangement for storage of goods collected for despatch or delivery and places for loading and unloading of goods.
1. Passenger Vehicle Rs. 10,000/- per year. Plus Rs. 600/-per year for every Additional Branch.
2. Goods Vehicles Rs. 20,000/- per year. Plus Rs. 1200/-per year for every Additional Branch
- Names and addresses of the consignor and the consignee
- Description and weight of the consignment
- Destination and its distance in kilometers from the starting station
- Freight per tonne/kilometer and for the whole consignments
- Delivery instructions (e.g., the date by which and the exact place where the goods are to be delivered to the consignee)
- Terms of payment
- Name of the owner, driver, the registration number of the vehicle and authorised load and the rate and amount of the commission.
An agent’s licence shall be valid for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of its grant or renewal.It may be renewed on an application made to the Licensing Authority not less than 30 days before the date. of its expire
How to apply
Type of Service
Forms to be filled
Dipajyoti Chakravarty ,ACT